Other info : Furtherreading
- The Tribune Primer (Denver: Tribune Publishing Company, 1881).
- Culture's Garland: Being Memoranda of the Gradual Rise of Literature, Art, Music and Society in Chicago, and Other Western Ganglia (Boston: Ticknor, 1887).
- A Little Book of Profitable Tales (Chicago: Wilson, 1889; London: Osgood, McIlvaine, 1891).
- A Little Book of Western Verse (Chicago: Wilson, 1889; enlarged, New York: Scribners, 1890; London: Osgood, McIlvaine, 1891).
- Echoes from the Sabine Farm, by Field and Roswell M. Field (New Rochelle: Wilson, 1891; revised, Chicago: McClurg, 1893).
- With Trumpet and Drum (New York: Scribners, 1892).
- Second Book of Verse (Chicago: Stone, 1892).
- The Holy-Cross and Other Tales (Cambridge & Chicago: Stone & Kimball, 1893; enlarged, New York: Scribners, 1896).
- Love-Songs of Childhood (New York: Scribners, 1894).
- The Love Affairs of a Bibliomaniac (New York: Scribners, 1896; London: Scribners/Lane, 1896).
- The House: An Episode in the Lives of Reuben Baker, Astronomer, and of His Wife Alice (New York: Scribners, 1896).
- Songs and Other Verse (New York: Scribners, 1896).
- Second Book of Tales (New York: Scribners, 1896).
- Sharps and Flats, 2 volumes, collated by Slason Thompson (New York: Scribners, 1900).
- A Little Book of Tribune Verse: A Number of Hitherto Uncollected Poems, Grave and Gay, edited by Joseph G. Brown (Denver: Tandy, Wheeler, 1901).
- Nonsense for Old and Young (Boston: Dickerman, 1901).
- The Stars: A Slumber Story (New York: New Amsterdam Book Company, 1901).
- Hoosier Lyrics, edited by Charles Walter Brown (Chicago: Donohue, 1905).
There are collections of Field's papers at Brown University, the Library of Congress, the Lilly Library of Indiana University, the Missouri Historical Society, the New York Public Library, Lockwood Memorial Library at the State University of New York at Buffalo, the University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, Washington University in St. Louis, and the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Yale University.